A special day!
If everything goes according to plan, today is the day our friend Noel is coming home from the hospital. We met Noel and her mom Laurel, shortly after Olivia was born. Olivia was born on 11-28 and Noel was born 12-17. Noel was born with issues including Down's Syndrome that has definitely complicated her life. She went home for a very short time in Feb of 2004 and ever since has lived in the hospital. She has been back and forth from the children's hospital to the rehabilitation hospital many times. She has had many surgeries and setbacks. I think for the last year, her mother Laurel has been told she was coming home more times than I can remember. In fact just in the last 2 months the plans have changed probably 6 to 8 times.
Throughout Noel's entire life Laurel has shown the faithfulness and compassion of God even when she didnt feel like it. I cant even begin to tell you how many friends, nurses and doctors Laurel has befriended. She has certainly seen the worst of humanity and the craziness/miracles of the practice of medicene.
Life with Noel at home certainly wont be easy but it is a dream come true for Laurel and her 2 children at home Jordan and Lauren. It will be a time of hapiness for sure. I pray that Noel will thrive in her home environment and the evidence of God will be seen in her life.
I am so thankful for today. I pray that Romans 8:28 will abound in their life.
UPDATE: After smiles from Noel and tears from Laurel, they all headed home in their Pastors van. It was a beautiful moment and Im glad the girls and I were apart of it. I was the only one with a camera so I took pics which I will post here and send on to Laurel!
No comments:
Post a Comment