Rewind
So we finally got to Texas on Tuesday night. My sister was so awesome and told my story many times to people. When she told the story the hours we spent got longer and I sounded even more of a trooper than what actually happened! The end of her story was ". . . and she's still smiling!" Thanks for getting me through that horrific experience Stephanie!
Wednesday morning we were off to the mall. We got a little bit of a late start and decided that a nap would be good for the girls before we left. Finally we were off and just in time for lunch with the rest of Texas Spring Breakers at the food court! After lunch we rode the carousel.
During the mall trip we met up with our cousin Paul and his
family, Kim, Ashley, Brianna, Cailey and Devin. (Notice A,B,C & D, how cool is that!) They were there to chat and enertain us! A special shout out to Cailey who was baptized on Easter Sunday and it was her birthday too!
That day we also hit several stores and then visited my Grandmother and my Uncle James.
The next day we went to the Dallas World Aquarium. This is so much more than an aquarium and not cheap either. Stephanie and I fully enjoyed it. The girls each had their moments that werent pretty. Olivia and Caitlyn enjoyed "chasing the jaguar." (Olivia's words.) The jaguar was pacing back and forth and the girls were running with it. Probably not the best thing to do but at this point they were finally both happy. Ava enjoyed the sharks the most too! It is fun seeing things through children's eyes, even if they are clouded with tears!
The next day was to be our last there so of course we headed to Target. An awesome time was had by all for sure!
The flight home was almost uneventful. We got there about 45 minutes before our flight. Ava saw a "bowboy" and pointed and shouted at him. I must teach her some manners. We boarded our flight and we were off. Ava unfortunately sat behind the Grinch. She was kicking his seat and moving the tray table. The old man glared at me twice and then finally said "Ma'am would you tell your child to stop that." I said "Sir, I've told her several times. I'm doing the best I can!" I wanted to tell him "She's 3 and will grow out of it but you are rude!" According to my Aunt Donna, a flight attendant, this is a common occurance in air travel. Knowing that alone is reassuring.
I did leave out the awesome Easter Egg hunt that Steph did for the kids. I am sure I am leaving out so much of the fun that we had. Thanks Jeff, Steph, Caitlyn and Brent! We love you!
I am going to do another post of just pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment