Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Crazy weather

Yesterday the girls and I flew to Dallas to be with Stephanie. That alone is a crazy thing to do, flying with 2 preschoolers by myself but wait there is more!

Our original flight was to leave at 11:30. We got to the airport at 9:30 and by 10 we were all ready to go. We walked all around the terminal and every time I noticed that our flight was indeed still on time. Dallas weather was rainy at best and tornadic at the very worse. That translates into delayed flights. Our flight was delayed 2 times. I called Steph and she said, at least its not canceled. Yes my friends that was the kiss of death because later it was canceled. We had to jump in line to get another flight which may or may not make it to Texas. Jump in line with 2 toddlers, yes I did.

That flight scheduled to take off at 3:30 did not take off until 5:30. Finally we were in the air and all ready to go. During the very bumpy flight, the pilot announced that we were in a holding pattern to get into Dallas which may present some fuel issues. Hello, could you keep that to yourself! By 7:45 we were on the ground.

It was a crazy day and one that might influence me to never fly again. The girls were troopers but more than that I was awed by the kindness of strangers. It brings me to tears to think about how blessed I was yesterday. I made lots of new friends who were so nice and willing to play with the girls. One lady in particular Rissa, who is a paleontologist. (She studies dinosaurs.) She read books to the girls and took them on walks. Another lady gave the girls some stickers.

The beauty of it all is we are here and the sun is shining today. Thank the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment