Saturday, March 01, 2008

Parent Helper Here

Thursday I was the parent helper in Olivia's class. She has been looking forward so much to the day it was my turn again. I told her teacher that she has been asking me and Mrs. Young she had also been asking her.

Ava stayed with a friend and had a great time. I am so fortunate to have friends who can step up in a pinch.

On Thursday Mrs. Young talked about animals. They started their day by reading a book about farm animals. Olivia so cracks me up. Earlier in the week she was saying Hey! I told her "Hey is for horses." You can imagine that when they talked about horses Olivia held her hand up and said "Hay is for horses!" The next animal they talked about was pigs. What sound does a pig make? All the kids started making snorting sounds. Olivia raised her hand and said "My daddy snores like a pig." Which is all together sad but true!

It was so fun going to school with her. I get to enjoy her and see how smart she is. She is very interested in reading and likes to spell things when she sees the word. Shes not always sure what word it is but she definitely knows its a word!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute story and fun day. I love the part about the snoring. It is very normal for Kinder teachers to tell parents I won't believe/ignore what your child says about home if you do the same for what's said about school. Kids can be brutally honest. I'm glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete