Olivia is a great reader!
I started this blog to document my children's lives: from their first words to their first steps. Their journey from micro-preemie to healthy little kids has been truly amazing to witness.
Olivia suffered a grade 4 brain bleed when she was just days old. It was the worst kind to have and her outcome was certainly unknown. Other kids have learning disabilities, cerebral palsy, shunts or even death. The way we saw it manifest, or at least I think so, was she was a late walker. She was almost 3 when she walked. That was a very scary time in my life. The what if's were going crazy in my mind. I always trusted Jesus and knew that whatever it would take for her to be happy, we would do. Thankfully she walked just about a week before Ava walked!
As far as her mental capacity, she is thoroughly amazing. Probably because she was more verbal and more interested in her surrounding world, she walked later. That Olivia loves to learn and find out why!
I saw that great passion to learn and ran with it. I used this book with Olivia and it opened up a whole new world for her. I started that when she was about 3 1/2. (Crazy I know!)
Flash forward to the other day when I met with her Kindergarten teacher for a conference. Her reading level is off the charts. Without giving specific details she is a few times higher than her peers. Ladies and gentlemen that is almost freaky weird. Where we are beginning to work with her is spelling and writing. Her level there is with her peers.
To say that I am proud of her would be an understatement! More than anything I give the glory all to God! If only I could have looked at this part of the story 6 years ago when we first found out about the brain bleed. My dad spoke over her that not only would she be smart but she would be at the top of the class. Speak over your children!!
Olivia suffered a grade 4 brain bleed when she was just days old. It was the worst kind to have and her outcome was certainly unknown. Other kids have learning disabilities, cerebral palsy, shunts or even death. The way we saw it manifest, or at least I think so, was she was a late walker. She was almost 3 when she walked. That was a very scary time in my life. The what if's were going crazy in my mind. I always trusted Jesus and knew that whatever it would take for her to be happy, we would do. Thankfully she walked just about a week before Ava walked!
As far as her mental capacity, she is thoroughly amazing. Probably because she was more verbal and more interested in her surrounding world, she walked later. That Olivia loves to learn and find out why!
I saw that great passion to learn and ran with it. I used this book with Olivia and it opened up a whole new world for her. I started that when she was about 3 1/2. (Crazy I know!)
Flash forward to the other day when I met with her Kindergarten teacher for a conference. Her reading level is off the charts. Without giving specific details she is a few times higher than her peers. Ladies and gentlemen that is almost freaky weird. Where we are beginning to work with her is spelling and writing. Her level there is with her peers.
To say that I am proud of her would be an understatement! More than anything I give the glory all to God! If only I could have looked at this part of the story 6 years ago when we first found out about the brain bleed. My dad spoke over her that not only would she be smart but she would be at the top of the class. Speak over your children!!
And she is at the top of MY list, too! She is a miracle story. But we DID look ahead 6 years and got a vision and worked toward it with God's amazing, miraculous help. Your Mom and I did all we could to get you to see that vision. Though you don't always remember, the vision was always deep in your heart, for both of your girls. How nice to see it manifest. And this is not even the total, final vision!
ReplyDeleteAmazing, indeed! It's awesome to hear that Olivia is doing so well!
ReplyDeleteYay, Olivia! As a big reader myself, it makes me happy to see that she takes such great joy and has such great ability in the written word. It will open up a whole new world to her!
ReplyDelete