So I'm Running. . .
and let me just add that I am not a runner. The new year brings ambitious ideas for me and I had this crazy idea to run a 5k. Now there are many back stories when it comes to ME running.
Like the time I was on the Cross Country team in High School. Our coach would have us run in the neighborhoods around the school. There was no accountability to speak of and one time I cheated. The coach was impressed with my time and put me on the fast team for the next meet. Let's just say that the race after mine had to be postponed until I crossed the finish line. That would teach me to cheat!!
That meet was held at Oral Roberts University where I later went to college. Their concept is Body, Mind, Spirit. We took PE courses every semester and ran 3 miles for a grade. I was really not about exercising back then. I always prayed I would pass that "Fun Run."
Flash forward 15 years when I finally realize that exercise is something that you can't take for granted. If I don't do it I gain weight. Then I decide to run a 5K. It's not a marathon but remember I am not a runner.
I looked into the Couch to 5K program and decided I could do it! I also downloaded a C25K app for my ipod. It tells you when to run and when to walk. (Bossy little thing!)
I printed out the schedule so I had something to put a sticker on when I completed that day's run. So far I have 8 stickers and it has been fun! It is a 9 week program with 3 days of running each week. Running and fun don't seem to go together but I have enjoyed the challenge. My target date for the 5k is April 10 so I will let you know things are going!
Wish me Luck!
good luck. I am doing a 5k in june and will be starting the C25k program soon.
ReplyDeleteGlad it's going well. I'll have to get that app.
Very proud of you. I am not a runner either.
ReplyDeleteYou can do it! Good luck. : )
ReplyDelete