Oklahoma is OK!
(The title used to be on the Oklahoma license plates!)
The girls and I went on a road trip to see my parents for Spring Break. The girls are really great travelers, especially when they have movies to watch. I also have good driving enertainment: Twitter, Facebook, Phone and my ipod.
It always seems like one of the girls is so determined to get to Mimi and Papa's that they refuse to get out of the car or go anywhere besides the destination. This time it was Ava. We picked up Wendy's when we got into town and that truly disappointed Ava. She WANTED TO GO TO MIMI AND PAPA'S.
Every day there was such a relaxing time. My dad is a great breakfast cook. The first day we had whole wheat pancakes with pecans. The girls did not like 'the seeds' as they called them. My dad lovingly put chocolate chips into their pancakes. Yum!
Another great feature at my parents is rest time. Everyone does it, except of course Olivia and Ava. With the adults outnumbering them, made it possible for everyone to nap! Woo hoo!
I am not sure who had more fun, my mom or O & A. They had daily bible class, gardening, craft time, etc. They even put on the Easter play which was so precious.
On Tuesday, my dad and I walked to the store: 2miles round trip. It was a beautiful day for a walk. Wednesday, we all went to the park and did some hiking up and down a man made waterfall. The girls stayed up and or passed everyone else. It is so fun to see them growing out of the baby stage.
Thursday night we went to my favorite Mexican restaurant. While we waited for the food we played I spy. Olivia is very good at this game; Ava not so much. Here is a recreation of Ava's turn.
Ava: I spy something blue.
Group: Is it the sign?
Ava: (Throws hand out to the side) No.
This is repeated until the group gives up.
Group: What is it Ava?
Ava: (Throws both hands out to the side) I don't know!
Group: Lots of laughter.
I had such a relaxing time with my parents. Big apologies to Jim's family because I didn't even call them. I just needed to rejuvenate!
I didn't even take one picture but my parents certainly did. Hopefully they will send them to me and I will share them.
Love you Mom, Dad and Gigi!
So glad you guys had a good time! What a great trip!! I love Wendy's!! Why aren't there any around here??
ReplyDeleteLove the "I Spy" part. And the new banner is awesome!
ReplyDeletewww.mycharmingkids.net
ReplyDeleteHave you read about their story? Right now a lot is going on with their youngest son and they need a lot of prayer right now.