Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Dylan James

What a beautiful name for my son. It's been 7 years since the incredibly tiny little boy changed my life. Jim picked out his first name and I picked out his middle name. To be quite honest, I had doubts about that name. In hindsight it makes me mad that I didn't get to raise the boy with the awesome name.

I have this necklace that I wear everyday. The other day someone looked at it and asked if my son was Kindergarten or 1st grade. While I was shocked by the question, it brought a smile to my face. Dylan was so little and really sick. It's nice to think of him as a big boy. Sure do miss that kid!

Olivia and Ava love him so much too. They talk about him every once in a while. That makes me smile!

I don't think anyone would ever choose the path I've walked, but out of those circumstances I've been able to meet new friends and help others through grief.

I have been forever changed by you Dylan James: born 3-3-02 and died 3-8-02. He was all of 1 lb 2oz and 11 1/2 inches long.

9 comments:

  1. Thinking of you today Dylan. I am reminded of you often when I think back to Caitlyn's early days because you both were so similar. You are such a strong person Kari! And I am thankful for Dylan, because of him, I got to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your in my thoughts. I am so proud to know you--someone who has turned tragedy into caring and hope for others. Dylan James is looking down from his eternal classroom smiling with pride that you are his momma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet post and how wonderful that you are able to use this to minister to others.

    Blessings to you on this special day in your family's life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts are with you today and my prayers with Dylan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the days when we grieved together and now we celebrate together. The life of our kiddos that play in heaven and our children who play together on earth. I'm so glad that you are my friend and i couldn't see it any other way.......

    It's hard to think that your boy and my girls are 7... can you believe it was that long ago.. seems like yesterday really.

    Love ya........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:50 PM

    What a sweet post. I thought of Dylan early this morning when I first arose; but then, I think of him often. I wonder what it would have been like.... But had he lived, we might not have Olivia or Ava. Now wouldn't that have been a downer. So glad we didn't have to make the choice. Our loving heavenly Father always knows what He is doing -- all the time.

    Love you,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:01 PM

    Love and kisses to my first grandbaby! I love you Dylan! You came in during that snowstorm, and melted our hearts. How awesome it was to hold your little hand. "It was just one hug and it was just one kiss, but I'll love you through eternity!"

    Love and hugs to his sweet mommy and daddy. Those were sweet days with our tiny Dylan James.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:53 PM

    Hugs to you as you remember your sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated Birthday Dylan James!

    Sweet post Kari.

    (((BIG HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete