Monday, August 04, 2008

Wrong again. . .

I forgot about this little gem of a story about Olivia. Last Sunday it was just the girls at church and we were running late. I rolled in at 10:58 and had to take both girls to their respective classes. We had been in Vacation Bible School the week before and Olivia's kids service was in the same place. Somehow I thought she wouldn't have any problem going down the stairs by herself. I took Ava to her class and headed to the service.

After the service I went downstairs looking for Olivia and was informed that she was upstairs with her sister. One of the teenagers came and told me the rest of the story. She said Olivia was crying on the stairs and no one could help her but her Mommy. They finally got her to go to the little kids class.

Olivia told me all about it too. Her version ended with "Mom, its not nice to leave little children by themselves." All week long Ive been in trouble!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:05 PM

    I have so enjoyed telling this story. As funny as it is, it must have been very sad for Olivia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love it when we get in trouble with the kids? Where do they learn to hold grudges?? Craziness!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:55 PM

    Isn't it funny how grown-up they seem at times and how they still want to be babies in a way. It sounds like Olivia made it okay and made a few friends in the process!

    ReplyDelete