Thursday, August 14, 2008

The countdown to preschool. . .



. . . has begun. The girls are both equally excited to go and guess what, so am I! Ava has said everyday "I want to go to preschool and paint." While all the older kids are starting school, we have to wait until September! And yes, I know that it all goes so fast!!
The picture above is Ava, Olivia and Maleea. Maleea, my cousin and her mom Pam came and visited us last week. Maleea's older siblings went to Six Flags and we all went to McDonald's. We through in a visit to the bathroom and I bet our time was more fun than her brother's and sister.
Last night I made Chicken Curry which was awesome. Today we are going to see a movie and maybe later this afternoon we will do this fun little craft. Truth be told, I tried it after the girls went to bed and I had a lot of fun. I know the girls will love it, especially Ava!

3 comments:

  1. Ava is getting so big and her is getting so long. Donald, well he hasn't aged a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:28 PM

    How great that they are so excited about pre-school. I know they will have so much fun!

    The Bean goes to daycare/pre-school, but they break from pre-school curriculum in the summer. They will start their official school on the 25th.

    Now if I can just find her some khaki pants that actually fit and won't fall down. A the joy of finding pants that fit a tiny-heinie preemie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:10 PM

    Hey, Kari! Here's what how I did the flickr meme. I'd never done anything like it before, and it actually was very painless.

    1 - Go to: http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/

    2 - click on mosaic maker

    3 - set the number of columns and rows - for the meme you want 4 columns and 3 rows

    4 - choose the background colors you want and make sure you select that you want individual URLs

    5 - in a new window, pull up flickr and enter the answer to the first question into the search box

    6 - click on the picture you like best from the first page

    7 - copy and paste the URL for that picture into the first box

    8 - repeat this process for each of the questions until you have filled in all the URLs

    9 - click create

    10 - copy the code to give credit for the photos you've choosen and past it into your post.

    11 - right click on the mosaic image so you can upload it to your blog post.

    12 - copy the questions and answers into your post

    13 - publish!

    Hope this helps. I think I remembered all the steps. I found it worked best if I had three windows open. One for the mosaic maker page, one for flickr, and one for my blog. I think I'll be playing around with mosaics more and exploring more of the flickr tools on that website. Looks like nifty stuff.

    Can't wait to see your mosaic!

    ReplyDelete