Olivia
Just as a refresher, Olivia had a grade 4 brain bleed after she was born. This is some what like a stroke. She had the most severe but has not had too much effects. She could have had a shunt, or Cerebral Palsy or even some learning disabilities. The bleed occurred on the left side so it should effect the right side of her body.
To date she still is quite a fragile walker and tires out more than other kids. She has been in and out of therapy but I decided to try therapy again. She was evaluated on Tuesday and started Therapy today. She has low muscle tone in her legs which means her legs are a bit floppy.
I dropped her off at 1 and she had occupational therapy and physical therapy. She absolutely loved it. She was sad when her time was over. Fortunately it wasn't temper tantrum sad but it was the kind of sad that you cant wait to do it over again!
I talked to the PT and she was impressed with Olivia. She did say that she wasn't too hard on Olivia as it was her first time. Olivia went up and down the stairs 9 times and several times she did not hold on to the railing!
I cant wait to add more updates to this as they happen!
here's hoping you see some results from the therapy!
ReplyDelete