Shelby is here!
We went to the Botanical Gardens on Wednesday morning with my parents. It was beautiful and my mom took some really great pictures. I will do another post all about it. After the garden we went to Jim's office where we saw Shelby. It was an exciting moment for sure.
We took Shelby home and have really enjoyed him. Initially he was calm and loving and now he acts more like a puppy. A chewing playful puppy, oh my! The girls have had to learn how to say "No, Shelby!" and then knock him off of the them. Of course Ive had to learn that too.
The first day he had a couple of accidents and the 2nd day was better. Apparently we were in the honeymoon phase because hes had more accidents. Probably for the number of accidents inside hes done the same amount outside, so all in all its pretty even.
Shelby has been sleeping through the night and getting used to his kennel. Early Friday morning I got up at 4am to let Shelby out. We got settled back in bed when we experienced an earthquake. It was absolutely crazy and so different from anything Ive ever felt before. The windows were shaking but I wasnt sure if it was wind, a storm or even something on top of the house.
Back to our little Eskie. He definitely knows that we are his family. We were playing in the front yard yesterday and the nieghbors were trying to get close to him. He would back up and stand as close to me as possible. He is a crazy little puppy and the girls have marks all over them to prove that. Olivia even has a little sore on her finger that required a band aid. All in all, Shelby is definitely a keeper.
He is a cutie. I really like the backyard picture, how neat to have a brick trail! I look forward to more fun stories of good 'ol puppy times.
ReplyDeleteKari! You're looking quite awesome, girlie!
ReplyDeleteHave fun with the new pup!
Congrats on the new addition!! I bet the girls are just going to have a ball playing with him!!
ReplyDelete