For such a time as this
Esther 4:14 . . .And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?"
I can not believe that we have lived with my parents for close to a year. When we first moved here I told my parents we would be here for only 6-8 weeks tops. My parents didnt seem to mind because they have had the opportunity to witness my children do many first things.
We came to my parents house pretty broken down. Enduring many years of drinking had almost killed our marriage. So initially Jim and I had to face truths we did not want to. I started going to counseling and Jim started getting serious about sobriety. It certainly wasnt an easy time but my parents were so wonderful to help us along the way.
Only God knew that my parents would move and have new stresses. Fortunately Jim and I were now in a place to help them. My mom has continued to work at her daytime job through the move and now commutes an hour to work everyday. I so enjoy cooking and finding new ways to help my parents.
Certainly at the age of 33 and with 2 kids and Jim I would not choose to live here but for now it seems to be working. The Lord seems to have knit our families together for such a time as this. Who knew? Of course Jim seeks out job prospects everyday. I believe that God has the perfect plan for our lives but He certainly does have a sense of humor!
So glad things have worked out for you
ReplyDelete