Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Count your Blessings

I found this on another blog. A song by Irving Berlin in White Christmas. It hit so close to home, especially after losing Dylan. It was so hard losing him but I had to have faith that we would have other children. It seems like a lifetime ago when all of that happened and in fact it was only 4 1/2 years ago. We bought our house in Edwardsville about 6 months after his death. I remember Jim walking around that house saying "This will be a fun house for kids!" We immediately picked out which one would be the nursery and imagined a little baby. It took so much faith!
When I'm worried and I can't sleep I count my blessings instead of sheep And I fall asleep counting my blessings When my bankroll is getting small I think of when I had none at all And I fall asleep counting my blessings
I think about a nursery and I picture curly headsAnd one by one I count them as they slumber in their bedsIf you're worried and you can't sleepJust count your blessings instead of sheepAnd you'll fall asleep counting your blessings.
Of course now I make myself remember those times when I looked forward to the day of screaming children because my little angel girls do that ALL the time! I can hear my dear friend Jill saying "Remember weve had the alternative, The deafening silence of nothing, so Enjoy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment