Chipotle Sweet Potatoes
My mom's family is getting together in Branson this year. We always love getting together with our pretty big family. This year I am in charge of making the sweet potatoes. My printer isn't working that well so in lieu of printing the recipe I am going to put it on my blog. When I get to my destination I can just look at my blog in my phone. How tech savvy am I?
These sweet potatoes are amazing and that's saying alot since I don't really like sp.
The recipe is for 20 servings but you can look at a regular amount here.
INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
- 10 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/4 cups softened butter
- 10 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons adobo sauce from chipotle peppers
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- salt to taste
DIRECTIONS
- Place the sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two.
- Place the potatoes into a bowl and add the butter, chipotle chiles, adobo sauce, and half-and-half. Mash well with a potato masher, and season to taste with salt to serve.
Brilliant!! And sounds yummy! Have a great time. When you go. Whenever that is...
ReplyDelete(See how vague I was. wink wink)
so glad that you had a nice Christmas. your girlies get cuter and cuter each time you post a pic! :)
ReplyDelete