Friday, September 19, 2008

Goodbye Ava girl!


It seems that my baby is growing up. It is so funny to think of the progression from baby to toddler, to little girl. When I used to ask Ava what her name was she was say "Me!" and then she moved on to "Baby".
About a year ago our cousin Baby Brent was born (belated happy birthday Brent), this changed everything. Ava then changed her name to girl. At the time she was 2 1/2 and I really thought she should say her name when asked. Of course Ava had other ideas. I finally got a compromise of Ava Girl. Its funny because I really think she thought that's what her name was.
And then she took another step toward growing up. Just before she officially became a preschool Ava was talking or telling a story or something. Olivia and I were both listening, when I noticed she only mentioned herself as Ava. Olivia immediately picked up on this quicker than I did and asked "I thought you were Ava girl." Ava said "No, I'm just Ava now."
Yet another milestone moment!
BTW, stop lurking and leave a comment about how cute my kid is! Its easy, you should really try it!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I'll stop lurking...in fact, both your girls are VERY cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:09 PM

    Such a little dolly and yes, cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, both girls are very cute!! Take after their daddy!! hahahaha Just kidding! They look like you!! ;-)

    So Shelby keeps getting out?? Is that why your husband was on a sidewalk this morning just looking?? :-) (almost put the street! Yikes!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww... too cutie....is one of those that makes your heart both swell with pride and ache for the baby stages....

    ReplyDelete