Truth time
Since the last time I weighed in I have lost weight. Unfortunately that weight was gained on Thursday due to MOPS and Bunco. Then we had friends over and my dear friend Jill made brownies. Here is the proof.
Other than the eating issue, I have been working out diligently. I have to retool my schedule due to parenting responsibilities. I never would have guessed I would be sad to miss my scheduled class. I used to look for any excuse to miss the work out. On Tuesday I missed Zumba because I was the parent helper. However, I did take my workout clothes and did a hard 30 minutes on the elliptical.
So let's say I've lost 3 lbs this week but I am right where I was last week. In other words I am 2.5 lbs away from my shoes, which I may break down and buy soon!
One more thing, my favorite pair of jeans has a hole in the knee. I never had this problem before I had kids but this is the 3rd pair. Now I need another pair of jeans. I wonder how long I can wear this pair of jeans so I can get down to the next size. Probably wishful thinking at this point. My plan is to be more faithful to logging all the food I eat. Hopefully that will help.
At the end of the day, I want to eat healthy and make working out a regular part of my life. I don't want to stop just because I like the weight I am.
I came over from TwitterMoms. What a fun blog you have. (Your girls look like beautiful little fairies!) :)
ReplyDeleteAs a mom, I am also trying to be fit and healthy. It is a struggle to find ways to work activity into my day and to make good choices (even on Bunco nights!) But I'm doing it.
I say, Don't give up! You're almost there!
;) - Julia
Congrats on losing what you gained! That's a step in the right direction! :)
ReplyDeleteHey Kari! Great job on the weight loss! Go ahead and buy the shoes. Maybe just don't wear them until you reach your goal. Maybe you could put them on top of the fridge like a certain someone else's goal incintive?!?!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I love a little leprechaun's idea about the shoes! That is so awesome! Buy them and keep them in the kitchen to help divert you from eating when you shouldn't!
ReplyDeleteI've made it a point to log all my points in over the last week and it made a huge difference for me! I had a 2.6 pounds loss as opposed to the prior week's 1.2 gain!!
Have a great week!
Remember to drink lots of water, this is the most helpful part of losing weight. The second most is to limit your portions and your sweets intake. This creates a maintenance setup rather than a diet setup. May take a little longer, but not so much. I am proud of you. Remember: water, water, water.
ReplyDelete