Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Ava


You are now 4. You captivate with your smile. You take me in with your million questions a day. You surprise me with your silence when others are around. Your compassion for your sister and family astounds me.

More than that your surprise entry into our world did an unexpected but much needed healing in my life. I love you so much big girl!

Ava told me the other morning, that I couldn't hold her because Mommies only hold babies. It crushed me for a minute. Another time during the day she said "Mommy hold me like a baby!"

She completes this family so well!!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:19 AM

    Dear Ava, What a beautiful little princess you are! You are "Our micro-preemie that didn't know you were a preemie." You climb high, see no limits, have a kind heart, and give loving hugs. I love your happy heart and big wide smile. Dear one, you are a precious gift from God.
    I love you,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:36 PM

    Oh, Ava! My life would be a waste without you in it. You are loving, challenging, thoughtful and daring. You are life itself, and I enjoy participating in it with you. I love you, love you, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Ava!! That picture is absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Ava! You are our adorable little preemie only by name, not by spirit. You know you can do mighty things and my goodness you do indeed set your mind to it and succeed! I love you!

    BTW, tell your mom to frame that picture of you. It's fabulous!!

    Love,
    Aunt Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Ava...you're such a big girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:44 AM

    So sorry i missed it. I can't believe she is four!!! She has grown into such a beautiful young lady! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A belated Happy Birthday, big girl! What a darling photo!

    ReplyDelete