Saturday, February 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Ava!


A slideshow of Ava.

Just 3 short years ago my life changed. Our little surprise Ava came into our lives. Its been so fun to get to know her.

In this year of her life she has become even more sure of herself. She often moves chairs over to climb up and get whatever she wants. If you ask "Ava what are you doing?" Her reply is "Nutting!" Which of course means that you should definitely check on her. Other times you might hear "Im weawy dawy! I didnt mean to."

She has just lately become interested in baby dolls. She has one doll that she loves to feed and dress. I had to go through the preemie clothes to find small enough clothes for the doll but they are still too big. Ironically enough this doll is the same size she was shen was born.

Last night was the first time I told her about her birth. It was also the first time she actually listened. This morning she snuggled with me and said "I was in your tummy." That night she was born was so scarey for me. It was probably the scariest of my 3 births because I was all alone. The outcome has been so incredible!



First birthday
2nd birthday

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday you little anti-preemie you!!! I can't believe that she is already 3 Kari! And when I looked at the slideshow, not only was I in awe at how little she was, but oh my gosh, look at how little Miss O looked.

    Hope your day is wonderful. You definitely have lots to celebrate today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Ava! I can still remember where I was when your mommie told me that she was going to have you. You surprised us all and we are so blessed.

    Your personallity is the strongest, cutest little thing ever. Well actually you and your cousin Caitlyn will have to fight for the strongest, actually Caitlyn's probably the most stubborn.

    You are a little fighter. I can remember seeing in your eyes how badly you wanted to move just like everyone else. What a beauty you are with a killer smile!

    I love you Ava!

    Happy Birthday

    Love Aunt Stephanie, Uncle Jeff, Caitlyn and Brent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:01 PM

    What ever did we do without Ava? I can't imagine life without her. She is so angelic looking, and so cute! She is a little Mimi, living in her own world, making up her own play things. I hope she gets her Mimi's creative streak, although I think she already has. I love Ava. Kari, I can't imagine yet what you went through with each of your babies! You are my hero (or heroine, I guess).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:04 PM

    Happy Birthday Ava!!!!

    ReplyDelete