Monday, October 29, 2007

Just a quick note. . .

. . . to thank everyone for the happy birthday wishes. I am 35 this year. Being that age is actually tougher than I had imagined. I guess the number just seems really significant. I used to be the youngest in my class and group of friends and now I am on the older spectrum of my friends. Thank goodness my hubby is 7 years older than me.

Jim got me an Ipod and as I registered it they asked for age group. Hello, I was in the 35-44 age group. That just seems all kinds of wrong!

I made myself a wonderful pot roast for dinner and we also had brownies. I learned a long time ago that if you expect others to make your bday great, you can be let down and the day ends up stinking! Control, its a great thing and I was so happy!

When I was little I always tried to tell my parents "Its my birthday, I dont have to do the dishes, etc." It didnt work then and well, it certainly doesnt work today. What would happen if I didnt do anything all day? Today my mantra was "No whining on Mommy's bithday!" I am sure you know how well that went over! NOT! A Mommy can try but seriously if it worked you know that every day would be Mommys birthday!

Oh stop! Now I am cracking myself up! Time to fall into bed and rest up for another exciting day in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment