Do Not Fear
The pastor at our church preached on Isaiah 41: 1-10 this last Sunday. I think he is a really great speaker. This sermon has really been on my heart all week long.
10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Here are 5 points from this scripture that Pastor Jared spoke about.
God says:
1. I am with you.
2. I am your God.
3. I am your strength.
4. I am your help.
5. I am your support!
How do we respond?
1. Meditate on God's word. Psalm 48:9 ". . . O God we mediate on your unfailing love."
Psalm 77: 12 I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds.
2. Guard our minds. Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Phillipians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
3.God is worthy of my trust! Psalm 9:10 Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.
This is just a short look at this really great sermon! I think this is an important scripture to meditate on during these times!
Thank you for sharing! Very encouraging!
ReplyDeleteCan never go wrong with Scripture...thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDelete