Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My Mother's Day

Ok this post is late but Ive been busy buying a house so forgive me!

First of all my mom helped the girls paint a beautiful painting for me.




Olivia was so excited to give me the bag the next day (after it dried!) I wish I had that sparkle in her eyes on camera. That moment stayed with her and us for quite a long time as she will wrap up anything or nothing and give it to me. She then will say, I love you so very much! AAAAHHHH!

On the actual day we went to our church in Edwardsville where the congregation had not seen the girls for 8 months. Everyone was amazed with Olivia's language and of course everyone says how big they are! The church gave all moms 2 carnations which my children promptly said were theirs.

Mother's Day always reminds me what miracles God has done in my life. From my first taste of motherhood with a tiny little boy to 2 rambunctious toddlers God has been faithful! Ive been a mom for 5 years but what a blessing to be able to stand and say Im a mom and here are my children rather than pointing people to a grave!

After church and lunch we went to the cemetary where Dylan is buried. It may sound morbid but that is where I like to spend my Mothers day so I can be with all my children. It was a beautiful day and again seeing my children playing in a place where I felt such great sorrow and loss was again another reminder of where Ive been and where I am now!





5 comments:

  1. It's not nice to make your dad cry. The pictures are beautiful, and I love the green grass around the grave. Olivia and Ava are so beautiful. I have been a Papa for 5 years, too! So move over a little for me. I love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:20 AM

    Kari, I cannot pretend to know what you are going through on days such as this ( every day even), but I do know you are a wonderful mother and a true credit to all of your children. We love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:07 PM

    Wonderful pictures! Dylan's grave looks so nice with the green grass around it now. I'm so glad that your mother's day was so good and you were able to be with all 3 this year. Your girls are beautiful. I'm just a bit upset, cause you said this Sunday your girls wouldn't wear the jackets with the dresses and Olivia has it on! HAHAHA Love ya, Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kari, I am so glad that you were able to be with all three of your children on Mother's Day! Hopefully every Mother's Day will be just as wonderful as this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift kari! Hope you had a lovely day, you are very gifted!

    ReplyDelete