Wednesday, April 18, 2007

This and that

My parents are sailing in the Bahamas with my Aunt Sue and Uncle Bob. S&B have a 36ft sail boat with 2 bedrooms and have been sailing since December from Maryland all the way to the Bahamas. Life is hard hunh! It is a much deserved break for my parents but quite frankly its driving me crazy!

I like to think of myself as a well adjusted 30ish young lady with 2 great daughters and a husband. An independant woman so to speak but that is all a sham. Yes ladies and gentleman I am still very dependant on my parents. So dependant that I call them daily. While they are soaking in the sun and looking for sea shells I am going crazy because I cant call them! Not like anything pressing or life changing has happened since they left but they are simply my comfort blanket! I really have done ok and have called my Aunt and my mother in law often. Jim thinks its good for me but he is so wrong!

My sister got a call from them yesterday but only because shes pregnant and had the big ultrasond yesterday. (Shes having a BOY! Big congrats to her and JEff!) The huzzy didnt even call me after she talked to my parents.

I think Im done with my counseling session but I reserve the right to pout at any moment. Even my girls dont understand why we cant call Mimi and Papa or see them on the webcam! LOL!

Shifting gears majorly, my heart and prayers go out to the students, faculty and families of Virginia Tech. How terrible this situation is. I pray that it will lead people back to God for He is our only comfort! I heard a comedian say how he felt God and religion was a fairytale and my heart absolutley broke for him. How is it possible to live in a world with no hope! I know people do it every day but it heightens my sense to pray that people that do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ come to know HIM before they die!

Switching gears again: American Idol was great last night! I love me some country music! It was so much better than last week! Phil was great and has finally hit his genre, Jordin was great and Im convinced that Melinda can sing anything! Olivia still likes LaKeisha and asks over and over "Is that LaKeisha?" Silly girl I know she knows who LK is!

Thats all for now! Special birth day wishes to PD! Love you girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment