Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A snapshot of the week

Jim has been working in Denver and I think he some what enjoys it. It is basically long days looking at a computer. The upsides are staying in a nice hotel but its hard on him to be away from his girls. He works from Monday to Thursday.

Here at the homefront we enjoyed a visit from my Grandmother. She went back to Texas yesterday. My parents are getting carpet to which has turned into quite the saga. Supposed to be here last Friday, then Saturday, then yesterday but showed today. I cant wait until that is finished!

We went to our neice Emma's play last week. She played Lucy in CS Lewis play the Lion, the Witch and the wardrobe. She was excellent. She is almost 11 and had lots of lines to remember. Her dad also helped with the beautiful sets.

Ava is continuing to add words to her vocabulary. I was kind of getting frustrated with her limited words but then I realized she understands and knows what she wants but she points and we get it. I am trying to get her to use her words. Last year at this time Olivia had 38 words or more and she was 2. Lets see how many words Ava has. Mama, Dada, Papa, hi, bye, amen, hallelujah (yes she really says it), uh oh, milk, banana, hot dog, yellow, purple, Gigi, grandpa, sissy, all done, more. Thats all I can think of right now. She will repeat something if you say, say ___________. Thats how I know she can say yellow and purple. So all in all thats pretty good considering shes not 2 yet. I have a feeling her vocabulary will explode pretty soon.

Olivia is becoming much more conversational with everyone. It seems like she has always been that way with me but I guess Im her mommy too! Last night my parents had a party here for the church board. She said to one lady "You go to church" She said to one of the men who take the offering "I dont have any money." Too funny!

1 comment:

  1. look at how cute you all are.... :) so good to hear of their progresses! can't believe how big the girls are getting!

    ReplyDelete