Saturday, May 27, 2006

Crazy times

Its been a good week for me and the girls. Jim has had a super stressful week. He decided on Tuesday that he could not continue doing this job. He has had so much stress with traveling etc an instead of offering him a permanent position after 3 months they only extended his contract. They offered another guy the position who had less experienced but is licensed in California. Jim has no intention of getting licensed in that state so it all makes sense logically but it hurt anyway. So he resigned and it sent his bosses into a tailspin. They offered him a crazy amount of more salary but no position. They also promised him more work from home and hopefully less traveling. So at this time I think he is going to take it and seriously look for another job here. Pray for that!

So I always talk about the girls or Jim but now Im going to tell you something about me! LOL! I read an incredible book by Lisa Beamer called "Lets Roll". This family's faith life is absolutely incredible. She lost her husband on Flight 93 on September 11, 2001 and while she experienced the normal moments of grief she pursued on. She expressed some things that I thought after losing like Dylan. Like many people asked me how I could go but it was in the hope of eternal life through Jesus Christ because I will see Dylan again. And I know that no matter the circumstances the Lord will see me through! Its an exciting life even when hard times come because God is in control!

On to the girls. . . Ava amazes me with just how much she can get in trouble. Ava loves to play in the toilet so that door is closed ALL the time! While we were at my inlaws the other day the door was open and Ava got away. Low and behold she not only was playin in the toilet but through Grannys slipper in there! Lovely! We also went swimming and leave it to Ava to dump her little swim boat completely over. She was only under the water for a sec but it didnt seem to affect her! Crazy girl!

My newest fascination with Olivia is how she says things. She calls Jims parents Capa and Ganny. So cute! Better than kaka which she used to call him. Of course in some ways it makes me sad when she starts saying things the right way. She loves books and now so enjoys going to the library. I signed the girls up for their first summer reading program! cool!

Today is my moms birthday. Ive had Olivia sing her happy birthday everyday. And she can say that Mimi is going to be 56. Sounds so much sweeter when it comes from a 2 year old. LOL!
I love you mom! Happy Birthday to one of my best friends and to my biggest inspirations.

I almost forgot to mention that we can really tell a difference in Ava's spot! Its not gone by any means but the heighth of the mountain is shrinking! Yea!

2 comments:

  1. Keeping your family in my thoughts kari and hoping Jim's job situation works out and something comes up thats suitable. The book sounds wonderful, Im going to peruse Ebay and see if I can see it! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that Jim has been offered the more working from home and money but hope he manages to find something permanent soon.
    Ava & Olivia sound like they're having fun!!

    ReplyDelete