Friday, June 05, 2009

Funny Days

I have to say that I have really enjoyed hanging with the girls this summer. Keep in mind that summer has really only been a week or so, anyway.

Wednesday was a rainy and colder day than usual so we needed to find something to occupy our time, outside of the house. Olivia doesn't mind staying home all day in jammies but I'm pretty sure Ava is allergic to it.

Our first stop was the dollar store. It is empowering to both mom and kids to be able to ask for something and get it. I mean $16 later and all our desires were fulfilled with plastic junk made from China. Good times.

Where would our next stop be? I love to shop but taking kids to places where they have prices higher than $1 can get expensive. I decided to drive to a park where you can see Buffalo and Elk. We had been there once with my parents and it was a good diversion of time.

We saw 2 Bison way off the road and 3 wild turkeys. I decided to drive 1 more time through the park, when I saw 2 deer very close to the side of the road. Honestly, I am not sure what happened to me but I had a panic attack. Seriously? This is a park where animals are allowed to roam free and people are encouraged to stay in their car. I decided I did not want anything to do with that road, which meant backing up on a curvy road. Smooth move, let me tell you. Finally we were on our way out of the park.

A question from the back seat "Why are we leaving?" "Well we've seen everything." Olivia asks "Are we leaving because Momma can't take it?" Uh yes, did I just say that when I was freaking out? Lovely

Our next destination was Applebees. Ava announced she wanted mac and cheese and McDonald's wasn't an option because they didn't have mac and cheese. Just after we got our food I got a phone call and I talked to the person the entire time! What a great mom I am! NOT! I looked over and Ava had eaten all her food. She said, "I told you I was hungry!" She cracks me up!

Our last stop was my friend Terri's house. She has a cat and the girls are very aware that I am allergic to cats. I told Olivia where we were going and she asked "Did you take medicine?" Thanks mom, yes I did take meds.

During our treasure find at the dollar store, we got some cute bug catcher kits. When we came home, the girls were intent on finding bugs to put into it. Olivia squished the only roly poly we could find with her tweezers. Oops! Ava found a worm. I didn't want to take the time to find any more bugs, (another parent fail).

Later on I noticed that both girls had a worm in their bug catcher. Ava had shared her worm. I didn't have the heart to tell them that her act of kindness cost the worm his life. Before she went to bed Ava said, "My worm isn't moving." I told her how sweet it was to share her worm but it took the worms life. Of course she was sad. Aww!

All in all it was a great day. I think everyday what adventure will we have today!

3 comments:

  1. Such an adventure and all in 1 day! It's interesting to see the girls developing in taking care of each other and you, too. Enjoy every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy but fun day!! Very nice sharing, although the worm may not agree...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! What good times you are having! I have to admit, I am a bit jealous of all your adventures!! If only my kids knew how many times Mommy couldn't take it.... Wait, maybe they do!

    ReplyDelete