A new season
We have just completed our first week of summer. This is a new season in our life. I just finished up my first year teaching 9th and 10th grade in Broken Arrow. Olivia completed 2nd grade and Ava completed 1st grade.
While last year was my first year to work after having kids, I lived with my parents so there was always an adult around...to help with the kiddos or just chat. This year while Allen works, it's just me and the girls. Please know that I am very blessed to have this time and I love my life. I am very blessed to have an amazing husband and 2 healthy beautiful girls. The thing I miss is girl time...other mom's around. When I lived in St. Louis I developed over time an amazing network of friends to laugh with, work out with and go to the playground with. I do know that over time I will rebuild a network here but it makes me long for the STL days. (Not the drama that existed in my home!)
Anyway, back to our first week: I found a calendar on Pinterest to add some structure to our week.
I think we did something every day except for the Thursday thing. We will have to work on that!
Here are some pictures from the week.


Next week Ava starts summer school to help with her reading fluency! This will add a little more structure to our day!
So glad that things are going well for you Kari. You deserve the happiness.
ReplyDelete