Saturday, May 01, 2010

Another month

It's been a month since I blogged last. If only I could tell you all the things that are going on in my life: the soul searching, the tears, the peace that has overtaken anxiety. At the end of the day I want to live a peaceful and happy life.

Having said that here are some stories from our life.

The girls are both in all day school, Ava in preschool and Olivia in Kindergarten.

Ava has been blessed to find love, lol. One day after school she said "I think this boy is pretty." I said handsome and she agreed he was in fact cute. From that day on we called him Cute Boy because she didn't know his name. Another day she told me she loved Cute Boy. I asked "You do?" She said "I care for him too, because caring is sharing." Yes, I do love my baby so much!!   Triumphantly after school one day she said "I know Cute Boy's name! It's Franklin. No that's not right, I don't remember his name." My dad calmly reassured her that she would remember it and to shout it out when she did. That night at bedtime, Ava said his name is Lincoln. She ran and told everyone in the house. She plays with Lincoln everyday!

Olivia loves her new kindergarten class too. As usual she is the smallest in her class. When you are the smallest apparently the kids pick you up. Thankfully, the teacher has told the kids not to do this. We went to the zoo yesterday with her class. Every time Olivia would see her friends, she would run up and hug them. She is such a doll too!

That is all for now. Maybe I will be back more frequently or maybe I will start using a diary instead! Love to all my friends!

10 comments:

  1. Expect miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:04 PM

    I'd feel anxiety free too if I ran away from my responsibilities and at 38 years old moved in with my parents and wouldn't talk to my in-laws except through my father. Grow up Kari!

    I think you need to do a little more soul searching.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear that you all are doing well! We miss you at MOPs! You all are in my prayers! Please keep updating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:38 PM

    You are such a fantastic Mom and those two wee ones are mighty blessed to have you watching over them. May you continue to chronicle their wonderful lives, so they can have a record of their precious childhoods.
    Love you bunches,
    Sarah W

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:32 PM

    Kari, I think that you are an awesome mom and friend. I have known you for 8 years and know that you run right into the wind. And as hard as that might be, you keep going. But hey, every girl needs to stop and fix her hair for a while. YOU face your responsibilities every day sister. Those girls are proof of it.... Its sad that people like to blame one and not admit what the real problem is....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heal yourself first before you try to heal others. You put your children first and that is the bravest thing a mother can do. I love you and hope all is well. While miracles do happen (you have your beautiful girls to prove it). Live the reality you have now--not the one that may never come.

    If you need anything--let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be careful never to react from emotions. Always take time to get the facts before you judge, you just might find out something that would change your outlook. And don't worry about those who are emotional responders, if they really cared, they would ask questions. You are very loved by many, many good friends; remember that above all else.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You need to do what is best for your girls and for yourself. In the long run, they will thank you for that. You can go to sleep every night knowing that you have had their best interests at heart. Hang in there lady, you have been through much tougher struggles than this and came out shining. If anyone can do it, it is you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Kari! Great to 'hear' from you!! LOVE the post!

    May I have Marie's email address? I'm sorry, I'm not as forgiving as your Father.

    Ironically, Forgiving was our Bible Study this past Sunday. Perhaps I need to reflect more on it. But, while I'm reflecting, May I please have Marie's email address??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:04 PM

    Obviously Marie is perfect and lives a perfect little life. Unless she's walked a quarter of a mile in your shoes she has NO CLUE and certainly isn't being corrected. Your friends have your back and what your doing isn't easy but you will be stronger in the end. You can hold your head high and be proud of everything you've done to make a wonderful life for your two little girls, now add yourself to that equation and be happy.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete